Thursday, August 7, 2008

packing... actually, contemplating packing...

Well, I've begun the daunting task of packing for a trip of enormous magnitude.  I started with shoes... for any of you who know me well, I am a shoe whore.  Well, I started with 12 pair, and narrowed it down to 16 pair.  Can this be happening?  I get to bring two suitcases, at 50lbs each.  I think I've already decided to just suck it up and pay the extra fees to go up to 75lbs each.  That's 150 lbs of luggage, and yet - it still doesn't seem like enough.  Not to mention, I have a "carry-on" which is my smallest suitcase.  Yes - I'm going to be one of those people who brings a huge carry-on bag, not to mention my "purse" which is my big backpack.  I had all kinds of curriculum things I was going to bring, but those are going to go by the way-side as I focus on things of more importance, like several pair of shoes and jeans.  

If you have any advice on how to become a minimalist in two weeks, please let me know!  

1 comment:

MoSchu said...

Check on the cost of postage:) Maybe its cheaper to ship your shoes:)