Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm finally here and settled in.




Well... I still have yet to figure out the internet at my apartment... so this is the first time I've been on a computer since Thursday in Budapest. I had a nice weekend getting settled in to Tata- the town is absolutely adorable. Hopefully I can get some pictures up and running soon...

My school is old and beautiful. It reminds me of a gigantic Catholic grade school- very similar to the one I attended in Roseville. My office desk overlooks the lake, and the view is stunning.

I went back to Budapest for my birthday- Jacob and I went to Ikea to get some things for his flat, and then had nice afternoon and evening on Castle hill. Lyla and Lauren came over that night and we toasted some Palinka (the local beverage- that tastes like crap) to celebrate my "big" day.

Anyhow, I have to go teach my first lesson, 9th graders. Yeesh.

Hopefully I can get the internet working soon at my apartment.

Carla

2 comments:

Laura Lawrence said...

Glad things are going well for you... we are still apprehensive and "deciding" about Szerencs. I will explain more later. Things are... interesting.

LL

Meg Tredinnick said...

Happy Belated Miss Carla Ann. Wish you could have had non-crap tasting beverages:) Look forward to seeing pics