Sunday, February 8, 2009

What a let down...

So this week was surprisingly calm compared to last week.  It went quickly, with little action on the school front.  I did have a meeting with the Headmistress, the head of my program, my department head, my contact teacher and the teacher who will replace me mid-year next year.  Basically from the meeting, I gleaned that they wanted to make sure that he was good enough for the job.  They complimented my work at the school and questioned him about the content he has taught and his experience.  It seems like he is a "lifer" here in Hungary - or at least in International teaching.  He has been here for two years already, and committed to a year and a half with my school.  He's quite jealous of the setup I have, and is eager to get to Tata I think.  My kids seem excited that I get to stay, and I know that I am.  I have spent some time recently trying to solidify what I want to do this summer, as I'm in Europe.  There are a couple different teaching things I could do, but I have this cat I have to worry about, so a 4 week trip to Poland might be out of the question, but who knows.  It's early still.  I am also trying to plan my the trip my parents and I will take when they get here - lots of little things to do, but nothing that keeps me too busy.  

No comments: