Sunday, February 7, 2010

Going away party - Hungary style!

I decided that I would like to have some of the students over to my house as a "good bye" type event. I told all my students about it, and made an "event" on Facebook, which then makes it legit right? I had no idea how many kids would come, but I prepared some snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies to share with whomever showed up. Much to my surprise, there were TONS of studenst there - including some who graduated last year!! I was honestly moved, and really appreciated the time they took to come and bid me farewell. I don't know if they had ever gone to a party like this before, as many of them didn't know what to do - and Barna was upset because "Carla, you're leaving and no one is talking about it - can you make a speech?" I don't think he knew that everyone just being there was plenty for me. It was a truly spectacular night.

Dori, Bence, Aron, Viki, Anna and Bence - with David hiding in the corner
Bence
Bence again
Tono
Zsuzsi the cat sitter
Marci and Bence
Kamilla
Mate and Barna
11th graders from A, C, D and E
9th grade girls
Gergo
Heni and Zsofi
10th and 12th graders
Anna and Viki
Anna and Dori
Jenni and Niki
Aron and Bence

Moni and Niki
Tibi, Martin and Gabor






all the coats!
Soma and Gerti


Me showing off my new art
Bence and Petra
the packed house
me and Boo










No comments: