Sunday, February 7, 2010

One last coffee...

One of the most thoughtful and helpful students I had was Dori. She and her family was always ready and willing to help me in any situation I needed. Dori is the one who put together the beautiful book that the 10A students gave me; she is like the little sister that I never had. She wanted to get together one last time before I left, so she and her boyfriend David and another 10A student Jenni met me for coffee after school one day. I brought Bob (my replacement) with me because I had been showing him a bit of the town, and it couldn't hurt to have some one on one time with some really good kids. As we sat and chatted, I told Bob a bit about the two classes the kids represented - David is in a 10 class, but he evidentely shouldn't have been in that class for English. If they aren't in the dual-language "A" program, they have to test into different levels. He cheated on the test, and ended up in a level higher than his achievement. Once he found out I was the teacher, he decided to stay - even though more often than not he didn't know what I was saying. Jenni and Dori gave Bob a few pointers and it was another nice gathering to just sit and relax a bit - to remember the great times we all had together.

David, Dori Me and Jenni

Dori and Jenni and I.

1 comment:

Christie said...

i'm glad you showed bob around and introduced him to some great peeps. how is he doing with your kiddies, anyway?