Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pecs III - warning: those with weak stomachs please don't read...




















Shortly thereafter, I met up with Megan, Alvin and Hanna and we headed out for the afternoon.  We walked around the old part of the city, admiring architecture and some souvenir shops.  We stopped in the wine cellar of the Basilica (these Catholics knew how to do it!!!) and had a glass of wine.  We wandered a bit more, and then headed back to our hostel to relax for a bit.  While at the hostel, we met our other new roommate, and Aussie named Terrie.  We invited her to dinner with us and had a nice evening out.  After dinner, we stopped for one more drink and then called it a night.  When we returned to the hostel, Fraggle Rock had invited Terrie to a party, and she politely declined fearing what a party with him and his peers might be like. 

We ended up going to sleep at about 10:30.  I slept well… until about 5:20 in the morning.  I awoke with some strange stomach pains and the immediate urge to use the bathroom.  I emerged from the room, only to find two men having a casual conversation on the couch in the hallway, and proceeded to the bathroom.  If you have a weak stomach, you might want to stop reading here because I’m going to share some information that should be reserved for intimate friends….  I went into the bathroom, and turned on the faucet – I’m usually not one who really cares about what other people hear coming from the bathroom, after all – it is the bathroom.  However, I knew that something very ugly was about to happen.  I literally had diarrhea just like the Jeff Daniels scene from Dumb and Dumber – knowing I was about to explode, but fearing the noises the two guys in the hall would hear.  I clenched my knees together and uttered a high pitched squeak and tried with all my might to be as silent as possible- with was virtually impossible in this particular hostel.  I decided that I couldn’t avoid it anymore and just did my thing, but I was a bit bashful when I returned to our room.  I took some immodium and thought that was the end… sadly it was not.  At about 7:30 I had a repeat adventure in the bathroom.  By this time, Fraggle Rock had returned from his party and was sleeping in the hallway on the couch.  DAMNIT – well, at least it wasn’t the same guys from before… I did my business and prayed that he was too hungover or high to hear what had happened and I returned to our room.  I know that’s a lot of personal information, but it just capped off my weekend in Pecs- the weekend of things that could only happen to me… phoey. 

No comments: