Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shopping... to no avail

I have been in search of tortillas for the last 4 days. I had a craving for fajitas, so I bought the necessary ingredients- peppers, onions, (expensive) chicken... the only thing I was missing was the tortilla shells. I went to four different stores - TESCO included, and made a special trip to Tatabánya in search of the shells. Ugh. I didn't find them anywhere so fine Hungary, fine. I'll use pitas for my fajitas.

While shopping, I did come upon a few treasures though... enjoy!

A flower vending machine? I thought I'd seen it all when I could purchase underwear in a vending machine in Japan - but think of this - people need flowers that often that they can buy them from a mall vending machine? Not to mention the hundreds of flower shops in this country....
please please click on this photo to enlarge it - (and use the "back" button to return) so you can fully appreciate the animal print that is "hip" right now.


Additionally, when I was at the Interspar looking for tortillas, I was again unlucky and they didn't have them. So I purchased merely the essentials: Nutella, a Diet Coke, a Snickers and a box of carmel and vanilla tea. As it happens, I ran into the Headmistress while in line - and as she greeted me, she of course scanned over what I purchased... FAIL for Carla. Hmph. Hopefully she doesn't judge me on my food purchases. Oh well.

I spotted her on the bus:
What I think of when people say "old Hungarian women" She has a babushka type head piece on, several layers, a patterned skirt- but sadly you can't see the large container she's carrying on her back.

1 comment:

Christie said...

there are totally tortillas in tesco. there is an international food aisle..that's where i found them. also in clearance. don't give up!

ok, your fixins are already gone, i'm sure, but next time...