Thursday, October 1, 2009

Which came first?


The neighbor who lives behind my building has an interesting habit I thought I'd share with all of you. He lets his chickens out twice (or maybe three times) a day so they can explore the land around his property. They pluck and cluck around for a good 20 minutes or so, and then he calls them back into their tin fence... much like you'd let out a dog and call them back. I think this is a fascinating practice, though it makes sense. However the other day, I caught an unsuspecting dog walker heading right towards the herd (is it a herd of them?) of chickens. they clucked and sqwaked and scared the daylights out of the dog, so dog and owner retreated fairly quickly.

you can see the chickens in the upper right area of the picture
enter dog-walker
exit dog walker.

No comments: