Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's official... almost

As I returned to school the Monday following the break, I realized that I was very excited to get back and to see the students.  I have much the same feeling when I return to school at BHS, but I think that I finally felt comfortable here.  I have moved past the "survival" phase of life in Hungary, and I have really enjoyed the culture, the people and the students.  As a result of this, I am planning to extend my time here in Tata, through January of 2010.  I hope to return to BHS for the second semester of the 2009-2010 school year (if everything works out with HR - and I really hope that it does).   I have put things in the works on this end talking to the headmistress (who isn't thrilled about switching teachers mid-year, but she seems open) and on the MN end by contacting HR and the current principal of BHS to see if this is even possible.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out and that I will be able to enjoy a summer of traveling and teaching in Europe!

No comments: