Saturday, January 10, 2009

Salzburg


























Vivvi and I met Megan in Salzburg, Austria.  The train ride there was only about 2 hours from Munich, and it was beautiful!  I was very excited to be there since I LOVE the Sound of Music – and the official Sound of Music tour was on our list of things to do.  Lucky for us, the hostel we were staying in played the movie EVERYNIGHT!  I’m sure that gets old if you work there, but that is why people were there – so it made us happy.  Before Megan arrived, Vivvi and I headed out to a grocery store (thanks to the advice of our Mexican hostel-mate) to get some food for the following day.  Sunday is interesting in Europe.  Everything closes down – I mean EVERYTHING.  So if we wanted to eat, we learned that we’d better hustle to the grocery store to pick up some snacks and such.  We settled on salad, chips, wine, some fruit and dip for crackers.  It wasn’t the most healthy, but whatever – the salads counted for something.  Back at the hostel, we sat reading in the lobby, along with about a dozen soccer teams from around Europe, one of which was Hungarian.  I don’t know what they were there for – must have been a tournament, but there were kids ALL OVER.  Promptly at 8 we sat in the designated “movie watching area” and sang enjoyed the showing of the movie that made Salzburg famous.  It was great – I hadn’t seen it in a while, but I still knew about 98% of the lyrics by heart and I sang along freely.  We were embarking on the big tour the next morning, so I went to bed directly after the movie.  

No comments: