Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer in Tata

Well, for the first time in my life, I have found myself with truly a summer "off."  I'm not attending conferences, traveling abroad (as far as I have in the recent past), teaching summer school, doing anything really.  Each day is a new day, but really strikingly similar to the last.  I get up and most days I'll run.  I tell myself that I'm going to study some more Hungarian (has yet to happen).  I watch some old episodes of Frasier, and the CNN loop stories until I can report the stories with better emotion and delivery than the CNN paid anchors.  However, I'd like to say that, while tragic that Michael Jackson died, that's no need to monopolize the CNN loop for days.  I've been listening to the same stories about MJ for the last 28 hours.  

At any rate, last week went fast, almost too fast.  Justin was back in town, and we did our best to spend as much time together as possible.  I'll do a couple short blogs on what we did this week, nothing too exciting, but nice to spend time together.  He left this morning on leave for the US.  He's there for two weeks, then returns to Hungary.  He will be here for three days, and then is off to Afghanistan until the end of February (so far... it will most likely be extended).

1 comment:

Christie said...

idk where you're watching old episodes of frasier, but if you want to kill time (in a non-hungarian way) you can watch lots of shows and movies on...oh this is coincidental, on www.justin.tv

(http://www.justin.tv/directory/entertainment)