Sunday, November 23, 2008

Class Excursion














































So – I decided that it would be a good use of one period to take each of the 9th grade classes to the Tata Public Library.  When I asked, all of the students but one had NEVER been to the library – so I decided we needed a field trip.  Also, selfishly, I wanted a library card, so I figured they could help me acquire one while we were there J.  We went on a Wednesday afternoon, I moved it up from Thursday because the weather was supposed to be colder on Thursday.  It was sprinkling and cold, but we forged on- it’s only about a 10-15 minute walk. We got all the way there, and sure enough, the Tata Public Library is closed on Wednesdays.  Damn.  Oh well.  We went again on Thursday and were successful – if you could call it that.  I don’t know much about libraries, but I know that we in the United States are beyond laminated cardboard sticking off of the shelves to indicate the placement of the Dewey Decimal number system… but whatever.  I found the English books (what a hodge podge of books) and we looked at the reference section and of course the DVD’s – which sadly they were most interested in.   Several students got a library card, and I found out how to get one – I needed my passport, so I haven’t yet gotten one yet.  At any rate, it was a good walk and an informative visit. 

No comments: