Sunday, November 23, 2008

Harmony Week



























Last week at school was called “Harmony Week.”  There were activities all week to show the harmony? In our school.  It was interesting.  One day was “yin-yang” day – so you were to wear either white or black to school.  Then, at school the students handed out white circle necklaces to the girls, and black circle necklaces to boys.  The necklaces each had a number on it, and only after I’d committed to wearing it, did I find out that the owner of the number in the other color was to be your “love.”  Oh boy.  The point was to spend the day searching for your love in between breaks.  I gave it a good effort, but sadly there was no love to be found (thank God.)  Another day was “Free Hug” day.  I didn’t participate in that day… there were enough hugs to go around without me participating.  Another day was “Friend Day.”  On this day during the breaks, students could fill out smiley faces and send them to their friends.  It was confusing and seemingly disorganized, but the smiley faces all got delivered – even some to me.  One of them was signed “dumbass” which either leads me to believe that he gets my humor and respect me – OR he’s afraid of me because marks will be coming soon.  Interesting concept – not sure it worked entirely, but hey, gives the students something fun to do.

1 comment:

Karie Pitzl said...

Kinda sounds like Catholic Schools week! All you're missing is the roller skating! :)