Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hungarian lessons

This week went by quickly at school for some reason.   I was dreading my Hungarian lesson on Monday because I didn’t prepare the homework as well as I would have liked to.  (partially because she assigned me exercises that I have NO idea how to do)  Luckily she assigned them on the fly on my way out the door before the fall break, so hopefully she doesn’t really remember what she told me to do.  In addition, I lost the assignment sheet for a while, and made up my own assignment hoping that she wouldn’t remember what she told me to do…which only added to the problem.  At any rate, I showed up and she was in a lesson with another student.  WHA?  Admittedly, I told her I’d call her when I returned from Istanbul, and I didn’t, I texted her… but I was playing the avoidance game.  But in less than two weeks she had replaced me?  So – we rescheduled for this coming Monday… meh.  She is trying to talk me into 2 hours on Mondays, BUT, I don’t know if I want to continue to pay $100 a month for mediocre lessons, AND I might poke my eyes out if I had to be lead through a crazy maze of unorganized thought for two hours.  I shared my frustrations with my students this week- knowing that they would understand and perhaps empathize with my problem- and they certainly did.  According to Áron “we too are suffering from the same problem”  J  They pretty much told me to tell her that I’m not happy.  I guess that this is just being selfish, but I know what it’s like to learn languages well, and this is not it.  Again, she has never taught the Hungarian language to anyone- but she wants me to memorize the verb conjugation book.  ARGH.  She is really nice and LOVES Hungarian, so I don’t want to hurt her feelings as she really gets excited about teaching me her language- but… ugh.

No comments: