Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to School!


Tuesday and Wednesday involved my parents coming to school to visit.  They were the guest speakers in 5 of my classes, and all of the students were eager to meet them.  Some groups more shy than others, it seemed like my 9th graders took the cake in terms of most involvement in discussion.  Though, “party Peter” as I call him in my 11th grade class, threw out a classic line as the first question of the hour, “could you please tell us some compromising facts about Carla’s teenage years?”  Direct quote – ask my parents.  The only thing they could come up with was the fact that a neighbor girl and I took our our conversion van and drove it to the Tom Thumb about a mile away to get candy.  If that’s the worst of my teenage rebellion, that’s pretty good I think.  Tuesday afternoon we took an eventful trip to Tatabanya.  My parents had gone “fix-it” on my apartment and were repairing little things left and right.  My mom was cleaning things and my dad was putting new wheels on things – so a trip to the hardware store was in need.  It took us a while to get our bearings as the language was still an issue, but we eventually left with parts for a new wheel, screens for my windows, a grill and other small things to spruce up the place.  It was a productive but tiring day.  

No comments: