Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Return to Tata

My train trip back was nice, I had a first class car to myself the entire trip.  It was scenic and relaxing, and I was able to wind down a bit from the hustle and bustle of traveling.  When I arrived in Budapest, Justin was at the train station waiting for me… kind of.  He had never traveled to Budapest by train before as they usually go in a military van or in some sort of caravan.  So, I gave him instructions as to how to go about getting to Budapest, and more specifically the train station that I was going to be arriving to, and I thought we were all set.  About 30 minutes before my train was to arrive to Deli-Palyudvar (the station) he sent me a text that he was at Keleti-Palyudvar (the OTHER train station).  I instructed him to get out on the metro and head to the other station and eventually he made it and found me.  He meant well, but got on the wrong train because he arrived at the Tata train station extra early.  It was really nice to see him again, and even nicer to have someone carry some of my stuff.  We returned to my apartment, and to my surprise, Justin had fixed my sink in the kitchen!!  I don’t know if I have mentioned much about the sink in earlier blogs, but at one point, I was under the sink with tools in one hand, and my computer in the other video-calling my parents to see if they could help me solve the problem.  The sink constantly ran, and I had to crawl under the sink and turn the water on and off each time I wanted to use it.  Riley and Justin spent the better part of an evening, if not more time, taking out the old faucet (which was nearly impossible) and after four trips to the hardware store, they had it fixed.  I guess the jigsaw caused a bit of a ruckous, and the police were called, but someone must have explained that it wasn’t a problem as they never came to the apartment.  It’s nice to have a handy person around – since my parents, also handy, had just left.  He also had spent the week bonding with Boo as he took care of her on a daily basis.  I think the neighbors were a bit freaked out at first since this bulky stranger had a code for the front door, but I don’t think he gets weird looks anymore.  He was, and continues to be, very thoughtful and helpful with lots of different things.  

No comments: