Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dream...



































As I did some research for lessons on inauguration and the new president I came across a book that sounded interesting to me.  It’s called “Dream, a Tale of Wonder, Wisdom and Wishes” by Susan V. Bosak.  It is a very interesting project that brings together 15 of the world’s top illustrators and there are different sayings and quotes about life’s hopes and dreams.  I thought it was beautifully done, and enjoyed reading it and looking at the amazing illustrations.  The story was used with school children who then put their dreams for President Obama on Stars and mailed them to him so he received them on January 20th, inauguration day.  Though the day had passed, I thought the idea was interesting.  I read the book to some of my students, and distributed a star to each of them.  I had them put their dream in their star and we displayed the project in the main hallway of the school.  Here are the results of their work.

No comments: