Monday, April 20, 2009

Sightseeing in Budapest




















Sunday we returned to Budapest to do some sightseeing.  We were grateful that we didn’t have to haul the luggage again- it was just things necessary for the day.  We took a “hop-on, hop-off” bus tour and it gave the overview of the city of Budapest.  I thought it was a nice tour- we could have gone on it longer I suppose, but with such little time in BP, it was the best option for us.  Unfortunately, one of the stops that I decided we should get off at was the funicular.  I have wanted to ride this since I got here, and no one I’m with ever wants to.  So, today was going to be the day.  We got off the bus and I marched triumphantly to the ticket booth to purchase tickets – only to read that it was closed for upgrading or something like that.  WHAT!?!?  Our next destination was on castle “hill” – the hill upon which the Buda castle resides… so the only choice we had was to hoof it up the stairs.  My parents conveniently found some things to “stop and admire” along the way – so it wasn’t that bad.  

No comments: