Monday, April 20, 2009

Views of Rovinj



















We headed up to the church that sits atop the island to look out at the scenery, and I encountered the scariest stairs of my life.  I have never been officially scared of heights – I just would rather be on solid ground.  My dad used to be paralyzed by heights, I just get a little woozy – but these stairs – 188 of them – were the most terrifying thing I have ever done.  I don’t think my dad could have made it up two staircases of them let alone to the top.  It was quite a view once I was up there, but I didn’t even try to hid the fact that I was scared out of my mind.  It was worth the 10 Kuna, but man, it was scary- plus it didn’t help that I had all that liquor prior to starting my journey up the stairs.  Anyhow…

We had a nice dinner that night – with the best risotto carbonara any of us had ever had.  It was cheesy and smooth and for sure not good for you, but delicious none-the-less. 

No comments: