Monday, April 20, 2009

Day one




















Friday April 3, 2009 – my parents arrived in Budapest.  I was waiting for them outside the hostel we were staying at (literally a guy’s apartment with empty rooms) and watched as they pulled in from the airport.  They were minus two large bags as a result of them getting misplaced in Amsterdam, but I doubt they would have fit into this car they were in anyhow.  We got the stuff up to the room and almost immediately, my dad started re-arranging things.  There were three single beds, and for the last 36 odd years, my dad has always slept next to my mom.  There weren’t two beds together, so he managed to re-arrange the whole room to make the beds work.  I think the number of times I said “Da-ad…” in the first few hours was out of control – but he started it.  Later that night, our luggage showed up so all was well.  The pictures are of our hostel entryway - though there was quite a convoluted way of getting up to the hostel after you got in the building- and the beds my dad moved.

No comments: