Thursday, December 31, 2009

One last trip to Budapest

I recently took a day and spent it in Budapest trying to tick some of my "to-do's" off my list - it has things I want to do before I leave the country. I was thrilled because I went to five very different places in Budapest and didn't need a map or directions in the least. Finally, I'm getting the hang of this city, and it's time to leave. Dang. I thoroughly enjoyed the day exploring, stocking up on all things Hungarian, and looking at the beautiful city for one of the last times. I'm going to miss this magnificent city...

Great market wares

inside the great market
Hungarian colored paprika
peppers and grapefruits - what a Christmas combination
Great market
Great market - notice all the pigeons sitting on the ledges - ew.
Great market
the Freedom bridge and the Gellert Hotel in the background
a statue
the hand made folk craft store I bought some things in - as it turns out - most of the things I bought this day were the exact same things my mom purchased while she was here: felt ornaments, embroidered towels, trendy purses - ok, she didn't get a trendy purse, but you know what I mean.

the elf and the Buda Castle in the background


playing chess at the Christmas Market

No comments: