Friday, December 11, 2009

Serbia - part II

These are some pictures of our last two days in Serbia. It was a great weekend trip and I'm very thankful that I got to spend the time with friends - old and new- and that I was able to see another country and major European city.

Megan and Tara buying popcorn. I was sick so I didn't buy any - nor could I smell it :(
artisans selling stuff on the way to the fortress
where there is a fortress, there are... tennis courts? Great use of a former moat I suppose
the fortress

leading up to the fort
looking at the Danube from the fort
from the fort
view from the fort
Megan and Tara sitting on the wall
Me getting a Hungarian woman cold
Megan being the little engine that.... well... couldn't
trying to pull the small train so I could have a ride

the restaurant we had lunch at - called "?"
our table - Megan was bullied into getting white wine with lunch - no lie
a room I saw on my way back to the bathroom... must be the cabbage preparation room?
this guy was stoking the fire as he drank a beer - or three
our waitresses shoes
Traditional dress at the ethnography museum
a wild hat
Wedding clothing
the ethnography museum
the stairs of our hostel - they were a bit creepy
the hostel we stayed at
IGOR!!!!
waiting to meet Lauren and Lyla
we came across over 500 policemen while on our walk to Tito's grave - they were out in force because there was a big soccer game going on in Belgrade nearby. Sheesh... apparently there was a lot of damage done to the stadium that day also, so the police were there for good reason.
info about Tito
Tito
the burial room of Joseph Tito - the longtime leader of the former Yugoslavia (actually he's cremated so it's not his body or anything)
a translation that I thought was interesting in the museum at Tito's grave
At a Serbian restaurant with Lauren, Lyla and their Serbian "couch surfing" host/tourguide
I guess they don't like Putin...
Jeremy and the biggest pizza I've ever taken part in.
bombed building next to an untouched (or renovated) one on the right
the NATO bombed buildings
the Belgrade train station
if you click on this - you can see the 8 different languages describing my waffles
Megan bought gummi teeth - this is her testing them out

Megan and Jeremy in the train on the way home

No comments: