Sunday, December 7, 2008

At the mall... again.





So I traveled to the mall before catching my train Thanksgiving weekend and I was overwhelmed by the Christmas decorations. Granted, St. Nick’s day here is a HUGE holiday, so that is maybe why everything is all done up, but MAN!  It was impressive.  There are wreaths and large ornaments everywhere.  Also, they had 5 “Daytons’ 8th floor” type decorations.  Story scenes that were animated and moved, and kids loved them.  I also saw a huge Christmas tree at the train station – not the most beautiful decorations, but a nice touch though.  The first picture was taken at Tesco.  The entire opening aisle - the length of the store was chocolate.  The whole thing.  I know Mikaulás Day (St. Nick's Day) is huge here (hence all the Santa Claus chocolate figures), but holy mackeral.  Check out the chocolate - I love this country!

No comments: