Tuesday, December 16, 2008

News from School...

Well, we still haven’t replaced the English teacher who left earlier this year.  NOW, Mirtill is pregnant and will not come back after the Christmas holiday.  So we’re down two teachers, not good.  I’m not sure what is going to happen with the schedules, as Mirtill was the one who taught American Civilizations – don’t ask me why I didn’t, but whatever.  Also, I have no contact teacher now.  Not that I envision needing one, but she is the department head, a class leader and my contact teacher.  And she just tells us yesterday that she is pregnant and leaving.  Ok.  Good plan.  Hmph.  Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for her, but leaving school at only 12 weeks?  I have colleagues who taught up until the day before they gave birth.  I shouldn’t judge since I have no frame of reference, but to leave at 12 weeks, when the rest of the department is in a lurch already, seems not good.

No comments: