Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rathaus Christmas market
























































At the Rathaus Plaza (town hall) there were many more booths, but not as much Christmas stuff it seemed.  It was kind of like the state fair, where people were selling fake bags, jackets and coats, non-Christmas goods- in addition to the Christmas stuff.  I liked the atmosphere here though, and Jake and Ellen met me here, so that was nice too.  We had lunch- a giant cheesy hot-dog in a large bun (which is some German word that I don’t remember).  And wandered a bit through the area.  Afterwards, we headed to Starbucks (I’m starting to collect the mugs from different Starbuck’s that say the city on them – it’s a weird thing, but I love them).  It seemed both at the Christmas markets, and at Starbucks, that we had not actually left Hungary.  I heard more Hungarian being spoken than I did German.  It was quite interesting.  We then headed to St. Stephen’s Cathedral to see what it was like.  On the way there, we saw many Christmas lights and decorations – very festive for the Holiday season.  

1 comment:

Vivvi said...

I cant help but notice that before even posing for the picture, Ellen took a huge bite of her weiner. Haha. Oh, Ellen!