Sunday, May 24, 2009

German (1st class) trains
















































So as I wrote about earlier, I was on a first class ticket to get to and from Cologne.  I have included some pictures of the trains here, including the "Reception" desk in one of the trains.  There is a picture of my computer sitting on my table, fully plugged in and receiving an internet connection so I can watch the latest episode of NCIS.  I have also included a picture of the diagram that is at German train stations.  It shows you where each train car will stop, so with your seat reservation you can adjust where you're standing on the platform according to your assigned car.  Additionally, you can also see where the dining car, sleeper cars and other things are arranged on the train.  It's logical and helpful, everything the Hungarians don't have.  We just run and scramble to get on and hope on the right train... ahhhhhh the Germans.

No comments: