Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's getting hot in here...

In Hungary, it's been very hot lately. To help the tourists cope with the heat, Budapest has set up several water stations throughout the city. I happened upon one of these the other day when I went on my Communist tour. The funny thing to me was, that they were handing out bags of water. You could either stick it on your head or something to cool off, or use one of their scissors to cut the corner and drink it. Bags of water - though a space saver and certainly more environment friendly, I'd never seen such a thing. Also, they had the typical "culligan" type water dispensers with cups, but there were interesting garbage cans for the cups - saved lots of room! Yay Budapest!
the water bag
distributing the water
packaging the water in the bags
culligan stands
space saving garbage for the cups

No comments: