Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Train etiquette

On my way to Balaton, I experienced two bouts of poor train etiquette, and since mine is impeccable, I am going to bitch about others'. First, on the way down, a family and friends of the kids took up most of the seats in one train car. Not because there were so many of them, but because they spread out and kept changing seats. I had two seats for me, my bags on one and me at the window - and one of the kids kept sitting on the arm of my chair that paralleled the aisle. It was only annoying because they were loud teenagers and I wish the adults had said something to shut them up. When the train filled a bit, they calmed down a little, but not enough to make up for their initial (2 hours of) behavior.

The second train faux pas can be seen in the picture below:
She is stretched out "sleeping" and taking up four seats. The train was fairly full and since she never "woke up" people didn't want to bother her to wake her up, so they stood for the duration of their ride. Rude - just rude young lady. Hmph. Perhaps it's a faux pas to take her picture without abandon, but I needed pictoral proof to help illustrate my point on the blog - right?

This is the Siófok train station - quite nice on the outside.

No comments: