Friday, July 10, 2009

Tourist attractions in Brussels...

A strange creation here in Brussels that is said to be Belgium's Eiffel Tower is the Atomium.  It was built for the 193... whatever World's Fair.  It's quite a thing to look at - supposedly the model of a molecule 167 billion times larger or something like that.  You can (of course) pay to go inside it, or travel for 20 seconds to go up to the top and eat in the revolving restaurant.  I didn't do either.  I stayed on the bus and continued on my way.  





me on the bus tour freezing my ass off.  


Well, one of the most talked about attractions in Brussels is the Mannequin pis.  I don't know why it's famous, nothing really explains the phenomenon, but there are souvenirs ALL OVER for this little guy.  He's a tiny statue on the corner of a nothing street that has grown up all around the hype for this peeing statue.  So, I set out in the morning to find him... sure glad I did that (note sarcastic tone).  





No comments: