Sunday, October 12, 2008

9th Grade Welcoming
































Friday was the big “welcoming” at school.  It’s what I call hazing, but they call it tradition.  We had to perform the airline skit, and the other first years had to perform their skits as well.  We practiced several times, and I think it was actually pretty funny- since I had the translation of what was going on.  I had a funny part as the English speaker who didn’t know what was going on.  The kids were very nervous- but excited.  We all had matching t-shirts that said “Don’t worry, be happy” on the front with a smiley face- and our names (Carla on mine) and EJG for Eötvös József Gimnázium. (how do you like those accents? I finally figured it out – thanks Kyle!)  The shirts were cute – and they were so excited to wear them.

The theater was full with the other 9th grade classes and other students who came to watch.  We performed first, and did very well – the other ones I couldn’t really understand, but they seemed funny to others, so I just went with it.  Dori (one of my runners) was the head of the whole thing, and she really wanted it to go well.  She was really nervous, but they really stepped up and did a nice job.  Afterwards, the kids were to put on swimsuits and the rest of the night was a surprise.  I’m sure I’ll hear all about it Monday at school.  Hopefully they didn’t have to do anything too horrible…

No comments: