Sunday, October 12, 2008

Boo is back in action!

Well, last week was one of damage control, but I think all will be fine eventually… at any rate, there are a few updates that need to be shared.  First, Boo is home from the vet.  As I’ve said before, everything in a foreign country is an adventure – this was no exception.  The vet told me that he was going to call me on Friday – took my phone number and everything… so I waited and waited on Friday, no call.  I didn’t know if the vet was open on Saturday or not, so I decided to just head over and see if I could check on her.  As I approached, the place looked more like a zoo than a vet/pet hospital.  There were two crates of bulldog puppies outside in the courtyard.  There was a semi-stray (I don’t know who he belonged to) black and white dog checking out everything he could.  He even wandered into some of the exam rooms.  The funny thing was, so many people were coming and going, and she would put her paw on their legs so they’d pet her – and six people gave her a treat from the bowl on the counter.  She knew how to work her magic.  There were other dogs that were obviously not happy to be there, and some who had no idea what was going on.  One was having four teeth removed, one was getting a large thermometer shoved up you know where- lots of action at the vet.  As usual, I waited until I could survey the situation fully to see what exactly I should do- luckily the vet spotted me and called me in after a while.  I could hear her meowing while I was in the lobby- and she didn’t know I was there.  I don’t think Boo was happy.  She was there for three days, and the vet told me that her intestines were swollen.  I’m not sure why- after effect of the fall?  Who knows.  He said that she was on some antibiotics and that things should be fine.  I have been watching her eating – she still seems to struggle with swallowing a bit, but he said that dry food was the best – so I’m sticking with it.  She has been playing more than ever – thanks to some new toys sent from home, and she is very liberal with her use of the “meow”.  I suppose that means she is feeling better and wants attention.  She seems to be much more active in her jumping too – so I’ll have to make sure that anything harmful to her is cleared off any surface.  At any rate, she seems much better- so hopefully that will last.  

No comments: