Saturday, October 25, 2008

Effing Sofia

So as of noon today, Sofia was one of the top 10 cities in my book..... until my camera was thieved on the street. It literally was here and gone in 10 minutes - and once I realized it was gone (which didn't take that long because I take a TON of pictures) we went back to where we ate lunch hoping that I had just thrown it in the garbage... after we dug through the garbage we realized that that was not the case, and meh - i'm outta luck. I bought a new camera already, after all - I'm on a train to Istanbul tonight, and I will NOT be in Istanbul without a way to take pictures. The super crappy thing about the whole situation is that I FOR SURE met the man I am supposed to marry last night, and Vivvi in her photographic excellence documented the entire multi-bar courting process in flawless fashion. I bet there were no less than 50 photos of Nikolai and I chatting it up, and me clearly loving every second of it - up until his wife showed up... but that story is for a later day. So, as it turns out, I am leaving my heart (and camera) in Sofia. On to Istanbul.

By the way - I had some REALLY cool pictures. shit.

No comments: