Friday, October 17, 2008

This week at school

Well, this week has been interesting.  I’m trying to lay as low as possible to not get involved in any of the politicking that goes on.  I like to spend my time inbetween classes either working on my Hungarian, or reading on the benches out front.  My mom said this was a little “stand-offish” but I’m just trying to not get in the way.  In the mean time, Maria (the one who got really mad about the blog) has apparently fallen ill.  I’m not sure what happened, but Kata (one of the secretaries/math teacher) busted into the English office yesterday, and when she comes in, it’s never to just chat – she always means business.  She told me that “maybe Maria is ill, and might be for two months- so you will take first period Wednesday.”  What?  Maybe she’s ill?  Might be for TWO months?  What the heck happened in the last two days?  Oy-yoy.  SO – now I have 6 classes on Wednesday which is not that big of a deal.  I have an additional meeting with one of the 9A classes, but I’ll have to do grammar and whatever Gabi is doing with the other half.  Ok, the other addition is that I will now have a 7th period on Wednesday.  Wait, that means that my last class will start at 2:00 and go to 2:45, but I have Hungarian lessons on Wednesday – apparently that doesn’t really matter… so I have to make some adjustments as we all are.  However, I’m a little miffed that I now have 7 periods in one day – I don’t know that anyone else in the dept does… I’m going to still do some checking, because I already had this commitment to Hungarian, and I’m not being paid any more to take on these two classes.  I know no one else is either, but ugh.  I’m a bit frustrated.  Also, I “subbed” for Mirtill this afternoon – again.  When do I get to have someone sub for me on a Friday afternoon?  Last gripe – I have to teach tomorrow.  Saturday.  We are going to school tomorrow to make up for the loss of a day next week with the holiday.  Man!  Kata – the intense secretary- has invited me to the mountains after school if it’s not raining.  I have NO idea what that means, but I’ll wear comfortable shoes, and see what happens.   

No comments: